Forensic DNA Y-STR Training
Marshall University Forensic Science Center offers Forensic Y–STR training. Laboratory analysts interested in implementing Y–STR technology into their current workflow will benefit from the training sessions provided. Individuals should have a basic knowledge of forensic DNA applications.
The training agenda will include both preliminary Y–STR presentations as well as hands-on, Y–STR specific, interpretations and data analysis using state-of-the-art analytical kits, instrumentation and software.
Training topics include:
- Y–STR Introduction and History
- Y–STR Amplification:
- Applied Biosystems Yfiler™ Kit
- Promega PowerPlex® Y System
* Use of instruments and software kits is not necessarily an endorsement of the product.
Inquire About Training
We provide both onsite and offsite training on a case by case basis. Our staff is available for individual or group sessions at your facility, our facility, or another location of your choice. Please contact us to inquire further regarding your training needs.
- Jason Chute
- Ted Smith
- Fax: +1-304-691-8928
We currently have no in-house training sessions scheduled.
Please Join Our Mailing List to be informed when new trainings become available.
- Employed by an accredited forensic crime laboratory
- Currently employed as a DNA Analyst or directly related position
- Have a desire to expand professional knowledge of DNA analysis
- Complete pre-workshop exercises, readings and documentation as requested
- Be willing to actively participate in classroom activities and discussions
- Be willing to travel to attend training