- Banner Position Number: R10390
- PositionTitle: DNA Analyst - Level II
- Classification Title: MURC-Biological Technicians
- Department: SOM-Forensic Science - RC5500
- Location: MUSOM - MU School of Medicine
- Salary: $42,000-$48,000/year
A DNA Analyst Level II conducts complex analysis on samples submitted for DNA identification at full performance level in accordance to established protocol. He/she produces detailed accurate reports of results and conclusions. A DNA Analyst Level II follows all laboratory policies and practices in accordance with federal standards.
- Conducts complex DNA analysis, data interpretation and administrative/technical review at full performance level in accordance to established procedures and protocols
- Organizes and maintains detailed records, follows established protocols relating to all aspects of laboratory operation.
- Maintains cleanliness, safety, security and organization of all laboratories and work areas
- Follows protocols for chain of custody and sample control - Assists in maintenance of laboratory inventory and purchase order records
- Assists in the validation of new laboratory procedures and equipment
- Performs laboratory maintenance and calibration of equipment as scheduled
- Prepares reagents and solutions following standardized formulas and protocols
- Reviews current safety procedures and practices safe storage and handling of hazardous and toxic materials
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as directed
- Participates in the continuing education program
- Performs related work as required
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in forensic Science, Biology, Chemistry or a Forensic related science including course work in areas of genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, legal issues and statistics
- Minimum two years experience in complex DNA analysis including operation of complex laboratory instrumentation/equipment.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory operations including laboratory policies, procedures and objectives.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records and communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to effectively present complex information and respond to questions from groups of students, customers, and the general public
- Ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively with law enforcement agencies, faculty, staff, service personnel and students
- Ability to effectively operate complex computer software utilized in conjunction with laboratory operations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, interpret findings and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to conduct administrative and technical review of DNA Analysis
- Agility and coordination in handling equipment and samples as required by laboratory protocol
- High level of visual acuity
- Travel may be required
Posting Number: MR0051
Open Until Filled: Yes
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References w/contact information.