- Search Number: MR0021
- Position Title: DNA Analyst II
- Classification Title: MURC-Physical Scientists, Other
- Department: SOM-Forensic Science - RC5500
- Salary: $42,000 - 48,000
A DNA Analyst Level II conducts complex analysis on samples submitted for DNA identification at full performance level in accordance to established protocol. He/she produces detailed accurate reports of results and conclusions. A DNA Analyst Level II follows all laboratory policies and practices in accordance with federal standards.
- Master’s degree in forensic Science, Biology, Chemistry or a Forensic related science including course work in areas of genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, legal issues and statistics
- Minimum two years experience in complex DNA analysis including operation of complex laboratory instrumentation/equipment
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory operations including laboratory policies, procedures and objectives.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records and communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to effectively present complex information and respond to questions from groups of students, customers, and the general public
- Ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively with law enforcement agencies, faculty, staff, service personnel and students
- Ability to effectively operate complex computer software utilized in conjunction with laboratory operations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, interpret findings and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to conduct administrative and technical review of DNA Analysis
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
- Deadline for applications: Position is open until filled.
- Date Published: 08/25/2014