- Search Number: MURC522
- Position Title: DNA Training Coordinator-Technical, Forensic Science
- Location: Forensic Science Center
- Position Type: Full-time position
- Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Master's degree in Forensic Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field; minimum of two years laboratory experience in DNA related field; experience in operation of complex laboratory instrumentation; experience in designing and presenting instructional exercises in the laboratory environment.
Develop and maintain training schedules; coordinate with DNA Technical Leader on employees training schedules and laboratory duties; advise trainers in developing didactic and laboratory DNA training curriculum; perform research on training related equipment and review product literature, journal articles and user's guides; maintain equipment, supplies and software in Training Laboratories; be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of all equipment Training Laboratories; advise trainers in the construction of training modules; develop training agenda from modular course offerings; advise trainers in the creation of participant binder manuals; compile training evaluation forms, Pre and Post-test scores and verbal feedback into a written training report for each training session; assist in modifying training components as necessary following reports; work with the Training Coordinator-Administrative Secretary; work with the NIJ Liaison/Public Information Officer; participate in training meetings; organize and maintain detailed records, follow established protocols relating to all aspects of laboratory operation; perform related work as required; stay proficient in the DNA laboratory.
- Submit resume and three references to:
- MUFSC DNA Training Coordinator - Technical Search Committee
- Attn: Jan Weece
- 1401 Forensic Science Drive
- Huntington, WV 25701
- Deadline for applications: Position is open until filled.
- Date Published: 04/22/2010
- Background Check Required: YES